The information provided on our mobile application by Astrid Education AB (“Astrid,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is intended for general informational purposes only. While we strive to present accurate and reliable information on our mobile application, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of the information provided.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF USING OUR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELYING ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OUR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOUR USE OF OUR MOBILE APPLICATION AND RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER
Our mobile application may include links to other websites or content originating from third parties. These external links are provided for your convenience, but we do not investigate, monitor, or guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of the information offered on third-party websites linked through our mobile application or any websites or features linked in banners or other advertising. We do not endorse or assume responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by third-party websites or through any website or feature linked in any banner or other advertising. Furthermore, we will not be involved in or hold any responsibility for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
The Site may feature testimonials from users who have used our products and/or services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of those users. However, please note that these experiences are specific to individual users and may not necessarily represent the experiences of all users of our products and/or services. We do not claim, and it would be inappropriate to assume, that all users will have the same experiences. Your personal results may vary.
Testimonials submitted to the Site are presented in various forms, such as text, audio, and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted. They appear on the Site verbatim as provided by the users, except for the correction of grammar or typing errors. In some cases, testimonials may have been shortened to maintain brevity, excluding extraneous information that is not relevant to the general public.
The views and opinions expressed in the testimonials belong solely to the individual users and do not necessarily reflect our own views and opinions. We are not affiliated with users who provide testimonials, and users are not compensated in any way for their testimonials.
Table of Contents
8.1 Use License
16.1 Binding Arbitration
1. Agreement Overview
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or would require our registration within that jurisdiction or country. Therefore, individuals who choose to access the Site from other locations do so at their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if applicable.
The Site is not designed to comply with industry-specific regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). If your interactions would be subject to such laws, you are prohibited from using this Site. Additionally, the use of the Site in a manner that violates the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) is strictly prohibited.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Unless stated otherwise, the Site is our exclusive property. All source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (referred to as the “Content”), as well as the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (referred to as the “Marks”), are either owned or controlled by us, or licensed to us. They are protected by copyright and trademark laws, as well as various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, international copyright laws, and international conventions.
If you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site, and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content that you have gained proper access to, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you in relation to the Site, Content, and Marks.
3. User Representation
By accessing and using the Site, you hereby confirm and guarantee that:
- All information you provide during registration will be true, accurate, current, and complete.
- You will ensure the accuracy of this information and promptly update it as required.
- If you are a minor in your jurisdiction, you have obtained parental permission to use the Site.
- You will not employ automated or non-human methods, such as bots or scripts, to access the Site.
- You will not exploit the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- Your utilization of the Site will not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Should you furnish any information that is found to be untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and deny your access to the Site, either temporarily or permanently.
4. User Registration
In order to access the Site, registration may be necessary. By registering, you acknowledge your commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of your password and taking full responsibility for any activity carried out using your account and password. We retain the right to revoke, recover, or modify any username you choose if we deem it inappropriate, offensive, or objectionable, at our sole discretion.
5. Prohibited Activities
When using the Site, you are prohibited from engaging in any activities other than those for which the Site is intended. The Site must not be used for any commercial purposes unless specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not systematically retrieve data or content from the Site, whether directly or indirectly, to create or compile collections, databases, directories, or compilations without obtaining written permission from us.
- Do not attempt to trick, defraud, or mislead us or other users, especially in any endeavor to obtain sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Do not circumvent, disable, or interfere with security features of the Site, including those that prevent or restrict the use, copying, or access to any content, or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and its content.
- Refrain from disparaging, tarnishing, or causing harm to us and/or the Site, as determined by our discretion.
- Do not use any information obtained from the Site to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Avoid making improper use of our support services or submitting false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Ensure that your use of the Site complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Do not engage in unauthorized framing or linking to the Site.
- Do not upload or transmit viruses, Trojan horses, or any other material that may disrupt the uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site by others, or modify, impair, disrupt, alter, or interfere with the operation, features, functions, or maintenance of the Site.
- Do not engage in any automated use of the system, such as employing scripts to send comments or messages, or utilizing data mining, robots, or similar tools for gathering and extracting information.
- Do not delete copyright or other proprietary rights notices from any content.
- Do not attempt to impersonate another user or individual, or use the username of another user.
- Do not upload or transmit any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, such as clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Do not interfere with, disrupt, or excessively burden the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Do not harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents involved in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Do not attempt to bypass any measures implemented on the Site to prevent or restrict access, either in whole or in part.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, do not decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software that forms part of the Site.
- Unless it falls within the scope of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, do not use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including but not limited to spiders, robots, cheat utilities, scrapers, or offline readers, that accesses the Site, or use or launch any unauthorized scripts or software.
- Do not employ a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Do not engage in any unauthorized use of the Site, including the collection of usernames and/or email addresses of users through electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited emails, or creating user accounts through automated means or under false pretenses.
- Do not use the Site to compete with us or engage in any revenue-generating or commercial activities involving the Site and/or its content.
- Please note that these prohibited activities are subject to enforcement and may result in the termination of your access to the Site.
6. User Generated Contributions
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, performance, accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions will not infringe upon the proprietary rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are accurate, truthful, and not misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable as determined by us.
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not intended to harass or threaten any other person in the legal sense of those terms, nor to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable laws, regulations, or rules.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable laws concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments related to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
7. Contribution License
When you provide suggestions or other feedback about the Site, you agree that we can utilize and share such feedback for any purpose, without owing you any compensation.
We do not claim ownership of your Contributions. You retain complete ownership of all your Contributions, including any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with them. We are not responsible for any statements or representations made in your Contributions on any part of the Site. You bear full responsibility for your Contributions, and you explicitly agree to release us from any and all liability and refrain from taking any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
8. Mobile Application License
8.1 Use License
- Do not attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, decrypt, or derive the source code of the application, except where permitted by applicable law.
- Making any modifications, adaptations, improvements, enhancements, translations, or derivative works from the application is prohibited.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations when accessing or using the application.
- Do not remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notice (including copyright or trademark notices) displayed by us or the application’s licensors.
- The application should not be used for any revenue-generating activities, commercial purposes, or any other uses not intended or designed for.
- Making the application available over a network or other environment that allows access or use by multiple devices or users simultaneously is not permitted.
- Do not use the application to create a product, service, or software that competes with or serves as a substitute for the application, directly or indirectly.
- The application must not be used for sending automated queries to any website or unsolicited commercial emails.
- It is prohibited to utilize any proprietary information, interfaces, or other intellectual property owned by us in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the application.
8.2 Apple and Android Devices
The following terms apply when you use a mobile application acquired from either the Apple Store or Google Play (referred to as an “App Distributor”) to access the Site:
The license granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable license to use the application on a device that runs on the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable. This usage is subject to the rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms of service.
If the mobile application fails to meet any applicable warranty, you may notify the relevant App Distributor. The App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if applicable. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Distributor will not have any other warranty obligations regarding the mobile application.
By using the mobile application, you confirm and guarantee that (i) you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. government embargo or designated as a “terrorist supporting” country by the U.S. government, and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
When using the mobile application, you must adhere to any applicable third-party terms of agreement. For example, if you have a VoIP application, you must not violate your wireless data service agreement when using the mobile application.
9. Social Media
In relation to the functionality of the Site, you have the option to link your account with third-party service providers’ online accounts (referred to as “Third-Party Accounts”). This can be done in two ways: (1) by providing your login information for the Third-Party Account through the Site, or (2) by granting us access to your Third-Party Account in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions governing your use of each Third-Party Account. By doing so, you confirm that you have the right to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and allow us access to your Third-Party Account, without violating any terms and conditions associated with the Third-Party Account. Furthermore, you acknowledge that we are not obliged to pay any fees or comply with any usage restrictions imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to your Third-Party Accounts, you understand and agree that: (1) we may access, retrieve, and store (if applicable) any content you have provided and stored in your Third-Party Account (referred to as “Social Network Content”), making it accessible on the Site through your account, including friend lists; and (2) we may exchange additional information with your Third-Party Account as notified during the account linking process. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and the privacy settings you have established, personally identifiable information that you post on your Third-Party Accounts may be accessible on the Site through your account. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or the associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, the Social Network Content may no longer be accessible on the Site. You retain the ability to disconnect your account on the Site from your Third-Party Accounts at any time.
IMPORTANT: Your relationship with the third-party service providers associated with your Third-Party Accounts is solely governed by your agreement(s) with those providers. We do not review any Social Network Content for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any such content. Additionally, you acknowledge and consent to our access to your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and the contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer. This access is solely for the purpose of identifying and informing you about contacts who have also registered to use the Site. To disconnect the Site from your Third-Party Account, please contact us using the provided contact information or adjust your account settings (if applicable). We will make reasonable efforts to delete any information obtained from such Third-Party Account stored on our servers, with the exception of the username and profile picture associated with your account.
By providing us with any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”), you acknowledge and agree that these Submissions are non-confidential and will become our exclusive property. We will have full ownership, including all intellectual property rights, and we are entitled to freely use and distribute these Submissions for any lawful purpose, whether commercial or otherwise, without the need for acknowledgment or compensation to you. By making Submissions, you also waive any moral rights associated with them. Furthermore, you confirm that the Submissions are either original to you or that you have the right to submit them. You agree that you have no claim against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in your Submissions.
11. Site Management
We retain the right, although not obligated, to perform the following actions:
- Exercise our sole discretion to refuse, restrict access to, limit availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any part thereof.
- Utilize our sole discretion to remove or disable, without notice or liability, any files and content on the Site that are excessively large or burdensome to our systems.
- Manage the Site in a manner that safeguards our rights and property and ensures the smooth functioning of the Site.
Please note that these actions are intended to maintain the integrity of the Site and protect our interests.
13. Term and Termination
If we decide to terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are strictly prohibited from registering and creating a new account using your name, a fictitious name, or the name of any third party, regardless of whether you are acting on behalf of that third party. In addition to account termination or suspension, we retain the right to take appropriate legal action, including but not limited to pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive remedies.
14. Modifications and Interruptions
We retain the right to modify, change, or remove the contents of the Site at our sole discretion, without prior notice. However, we are not obligated to update any information on our Site. Additionally, we may modify or discontinue the Site, either in part or entirely, without notice at any time. We shall not be held liable to you or any third party for any alterations, price adjustments, suspensions, or terminations of the Site.
15. Governing Law
16. Dispute Resolution
16.1 Informal Negotiations
16.2 Binding Arbitration
In the event of any disputes arising between the Parties involved in this contract, such disputes shall be resolved through binding arbitration. A single arbitrator will be selected in accordance with the Arbitration and Internal Rules of the European Court of Arbitration, which is part of the European Centre of Arbitration located in Strasbourg. These rules shall be in effect at the time the arbitration application is submitted, and by including this clause in the contract, the Parties mutually agree to abide by them. The arbitration proceedings will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, and will be conducted in the English language. The applicable substantive law governing the resolution of these disputes shall be the law of Sweden.
The Parties acknowledge that any arbitration will solely focus on the Dispute between the Parties individually. In accordance with the law, the following limitations apply: (a) arbitration cannot be combined with any other legal proceedings; (b) Disputes cannot be arbitrated as class actions or employ class action procedures; and (c) Disputes cannot be brought forth in a supposed representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other individuals.
16.4 Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
The Parties acknowledge that certain disputes are not covered by the aforementioned provisions regarding informal negotiations and binding arbitration. These exceptions include the following: (a) Disputes pertaining to the enforcement, protection, or validity of any party’s intellectual property rights; (b) Disputes arising from allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (c) Claims seeking injunctive relief. In the event that this provision is deemed illegal or unenforceable, neither Party will opt for arbitration with respect to any dispute falling within the invalidated portion. Instead, such a dispute will be resolved by a competent court as indicated in the jurisdictional courts listed above, and the Parties mutually consent to the jurisdiction of that court.
The Site may contain information that includes typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, such as descriptions, pricing, availability, and other details. We retain the right to rectify any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to modify or update the information on the Site without prior notice.
The site is provided on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. By using the site and our services, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. We hereby disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, relating to the site and your use of it, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy or completeness of the site’s content or the content of any linked websites, and we assume no liability or responsibility for any of the following: (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage resulting from your access to and use of the site, (3) unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any personal or financial information stored therein, (4) interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site, (5) bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or similar harmful elements transmitted through the site by any third party, and/or (6) errors or omissions in any content and materials, or any loss or damage incurred as a result of using any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the site. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by third parties through the site, any linked website, or any website or mobile application featured in banners or other advertising. Furthermore, we will not be a party to or in any way responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services. Just as with the purchase of any product or service through any medium or in any environment, it is important that you exercise caution and use your best judgment.
19. Limitations Of Liability
Under no circumstances will we, our directors, employees, or agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages. This includes but is not limited to lost profits, lost revenue, loss of data, or any other damages arising from your use of the site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
21. User Data
We will retain specific data that you transmit to the Site to effectively manage its performance, along with data pertaining to your usage of the Site. While we conduct regular routine backups of data, it is your sole responsibility for all the data you transmit or that is associated with any activity you undertake on the Site. By using the Site, you acknowledge that we are not liable for any loss or corruption of such data, and you hereby waive any right to take legal action against us in relation to such loss or corruption.
21.1 Clarification on our Role as Data Processors for Partner Accesses
In the event that a user accesses our product via one of our partners, it should be noted that we do not assume the role of data owners or controllers. Instead, we function as data processors. Consequently, any inquiries or concerns pertaining to data should be appropriately directed to our partner, who maintains the primary responsibility for data control and ownership.
22. Electronic Communications, Transactions, and Signatures
By visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms, you engage in electronic communications. You acknowledge and consent to receiving electronic communications from us, and you agree that any agreements, notices, disclosures, or other communications we provide to you electronically, whether through email or on the Site, fulfill all legal requirements that necessitate written communication. Furthermore, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AS WELL AS THE ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR THROUGH THE SITE. In doing so, you willingly waive any rights or requirements stipulated by statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction that demand an original signature or the delivery or retention of non-electronic records. This waiver also extends to payments or the granting of credits, which may only be carried out through electronic means.
23. California Users and Residents
If you have any unresolved complaints with us, we encourage you to reach out to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services at the California Department of Consumer Affairs. You can contact them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834. Alternatively, you can reach them by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254. They are available to assist you and ensure that your concerns are addressed.
25. Contact Us
If you have any complaints about the Site or if you need additional information regarding its usage, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the following address:
Astrid Education AB
Stockholm 11151 Sweden